How to pass on the light of faith in your life:
In the Bible, in Deuteronomy 6:6-7, we read, “These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.” While our churches and other religious institutions serve to partner with us in this great task of spiritually nurturing our kids, God has given us all the responsibility and the tremendous opportunity to pass our faith to others. Still, many people find it hard to talk to others about God and spiritual issues. So, here are some practical suggestions from our prayer leaders and school about how to get started.
1) Be yourself. You don’t need a degree in God to talk to others about God. So, be yourself! Share your understanding of who God is and why God matters to you — in a way that reflects the real you.
2) Don’t just talk about God on Sundays! This is not to say that Sunday morning is off-limits for spiritual discussions, but don’t get caught in the trap of only talking about God when you go to church. Let others know that spiritual issues are important in your life all the time and that God is a good guide for decisions, problems and your deliberations.
3) Let others catch you in the act of doing something spiritual. Do you have a regular devotion, prayer, worship and reflection time — where you read the Bible and pray — that you spend with God? Why don't you let others catch you in the act using the virtues and values of the Pupil Profile, or striving to be a great citizen who thinks for the good of others?
4) Have fun with your faith! Perhaps one of the most spiritual things you can do for others is to model for them that a life filled with God is a life filled with love, peace, and joy! So, plan intentionally fun times for your community and family. Let them know that the faith can be fun!
5) And... of course... you can go to a church. Sundays are a nice time to gather together as a faith community and celebrate the important role faith plays in our lives. At Our Lady & St. Hubert's, Father Roger has a children's liturgy every Sunday morning and lots of children have lots of important and wonderful jobs around church. They read during mass, serve on the altar, help in the children's liturgy, hand out and collect in mass sheets as well as support with the tea and biscuits at the end. Why not come along, join in, make some friends and share your faith.
Our local Parish Church is called Our Lady and St. Hubert's and is next door to the school. Lots of people know where it is even if they don't know its name because of the tall tower with a large white cross. The Parish Priest is Father Roger Peck.
Saturday Evening Mass - 6.00pm
Sunday Morning Mass - 10.00am
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
Mornings: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri - 7.45 to 8.40am
Evenings: Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri - 5.00 to 6.00pm. Tue - 5.45 to 6.40pm
Our Lady and St Hubert's Catholic Church
Wolverhampton Road, Warley, West Midlands
Tel: 0121 422 2388, Fax: 0121 421 8216, Email: